Inspired by Robin, who was inspired by From My Grey Desk, five quick highlights from the past week...
1. A sleepover with my college roommate. So. much. fun. I've seen her about twice a year since I graduated, but it's usually just a quick visit over dinner, a couple of hours at most. This time she took me to the restaurant where she works, and we enjoyed a fabulous Italian meal. Then we went back to her apartment and spent hours talking, crying, giggling and reminiscing. Stayed up till 12:30 and then got to enjoy more time to chat over breakfast in the morning. Loved it. Love her.
2. Girls' night out with my two best friends from high school. Love seeing these two a couple of times a year and picking right back up where we left off. Getting together over pizza subs from my favorite local place makes it even better.
3. Another dear friend from high school (Kaleb, whom you'll be hearing about in the second installment of my Love Story series) spending several hours serving and blessing my family with his talents, energy and enthusiasm.
4. The happy discovery that the "old comforters" my parents kept talking about needing to get rid of were actually antique quilts hand-stitched by my great-grandmother!
5. Laughing out loud over papers and notes from elementary school and junior high.
How about you: what moments were bright spots in your Thanksgiving week?